Quaker House: Work and Office Spaces in Dupont Circle
We offer a peaceful oasis in Dupont Circle that will nurture your productivity and creativity.
Friends Meeting of Washington, a progressive nonprofit Quaker religious community in Washington DC’s Dupont Circle neighborhood, is known for its event and meeting spaces. However, we also rent a number of office spaces to a small community of diverse organizations aligned with our community’s mission and with Quaker values.
Our property consists of several historic buildings and gardens that have been recently renovated. The building housing the office spaces, known as Quaker House, is the former home (and associated carriage house) of a diplomat that was built in 1924. This building is now connected via an internal corridor to the adjacent Quaker meeting house that was built in 1930.
Other spaces in the facility are rented for private events and conferences while also continuing to be used for Quaker religious services and connected activities throughout the week.
See below for available spaces.
Shared Work Space (Coworking) Options
Should a permanent office space not be what you are looking for, please reach out to us regarding possible “hot desk” options at our facility on weekdays.
What is included with our office spaces?
- Convenient location in Dupont Circle connects our office spaces to public transportation, restaurants, other neighborhood amenities and to downtown Washington DC
- Secure 24/7 access to the building and tenants’ individual private lockable spaces via a main lobby entrance
- Access to shared building amenities including a kitchenette and limited use of shared meeting spaces and gardens
- Lots of natural light with windows that open
- Views and individual access to private terraced gardens
- Maintenance and other staff are available for assistance during regular business hours on weekdays
- Opportunities for collaboration with the other diverse organizations in this nonprofit center
- Connection to an active religious community of Quakers
- Property taxes, if applicable, as well as all utilities except telecom / Internet access are included in monthly rents. Rent is discounted for organizations that do not pay property taxes. The tenant may arrange for their own Internet access or utilize the facility’s existing connection for a small additional monthly charge.
“We love the new part of your building– it is so light and airy, which is helpful for keeping the energy going during a longer meeting.” ~ Anonymous