Quaker House: Work and Office Spaces in Dupont Circle
A peaceful oasis in Dupont Circle to nurture your productivity and creativity.
Friends Meeting of Washington, a progressive nonprofit Quaker religious community in Washington DC’s Dupont Circle neighborhood, is known for our event and meeting spaces. However, we also rent a number of office spaces to a small community of diverse organizations aligned with our community’s mission and with Quaker values.
Our property consists of several historic buildings and gardens that have been recently renovated. The building housing the office spaces, known as Quaker House, is the former home (and associated carriage house) of a diplomat that was built in 1924. This building is now connected via an internal corridor to the adjacent Quaker meeting house that was built in 1930.
Other spaces in the facility are rented for private events and conferences while also continuing to be used for Quaker religious services and connected activities throughout the week.
See below for available spaces.
What is included with our office spaces?
- Convenient location in Dupont Circle connects our office spaces to public transportation, restaurants, other neighborhood amenities and to downtown Washington DC
- Secure 24/7 access to the building and tenants’ individual private lockable spaces via a main lobby entrance
- Access to shared building amenities including a kitchenette and limited use of shared meeting spaces and gardens
- Lots of natural light with windows that open
- Views and individual access to private terraced gardens
- Maintenance and other staff are available for assistance during regular business hours on weekdays
- Opportunities for collaboration with the other diverse organizations in this nonprofit center
- Connection to an active religious community of Quakers
Property taxes as well as all utilities except telecom / Internet access are included in monthly rents. The tenant may arrange for their own Internet access or utilize the facility’s existing connection for a small additional monthly charge.
Rent is discounted for likeminded nonprofit organizations, particularly those that do not pay property taxes.
Please contact us or schedule a consultation to tour available spaces and receive more details about making our office spaces your organization’s home.
2121 Decatur Place NW, Suite 172
This space is a 160 square foot office on the quiet west end of the building. It has three windows, two of which look out onto Decatur Place NW.
Located on the ground floor, this office is fully accessible to persons with disabilities.
The space has most recently been occupied by an art therapist although it would work well for many types of small businesses or nonprofit organizations.
Monthly Fee: $1,076 ($62 / square foot)
Monthly fee includes an allowance for proportion of common space (total 208 square feet), applicable property taxes plus all utilities except telecom and Internet access. Internet access may be purchased from Owner for $50 / month or tenant may make their own arrangements. Nonprofit organizations exempt from paying DC property taxes will receive a discount. One meeting per month of up to four hours in length in one of Owner’s conference rooms is also included.
Available for immediate move in. Office is rented unfurnished.
Leases are flexible, with month to month terms. Security deposit equal to one month’s rent.
Sublets or office shares welcome, with permission of Owner.
“We love the new part of your building– it is so light and airy, which is helpful for keeping the energy going during a longer meeting.” ~ Anonymous